OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can Excluding Over-Bet Factors Make a Difference? (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=26869)

ianian 26th July 2013 01:57 PM

dont know if true but

By adding apprentice riders only, gains 2% in POT, place >70% adds over 2% in POT, not won at distance adds 2% in POT from this site somewhere.

I must say i thought it was benton as well - just goes to show how our mind views things, racing included.

UselessBettor 26th July 2013 07:05 PM

Brett,

I put it up just to help people out ( a few friends). The server guys said I was using too much CPU on the server and told me they wanted me to pay stupidly high for the service so it got pulled down.

Unfortunately when I looked at others based on the cpu they all said it was too high and I needed my own server. Too costly for me (as I already have access to the data) so I didn't put it back up.

The good thing was it exposed a few peope to system testing and they moved onto products like Chrome Princes which I have heard is a great product.

Lord Greystoke 26th July 2013 07:36 PM

Always wondered if there were any really good systems tested UB??

Cheers LG

UselessBettor 26th July 2013 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
Always wondered if there were any really good systems tested UB??

Cheers LG

LG there were lots of great systems tested. It collected hundreds of unique systems that made a profit. There were probably thousands collected but some had minor differences like barrier >= 4 and then the next system was barrier >= 5.

A lot of them revolved around CP and CF in the neurals and the top Don scott rating for the Year Rating and Base Rating (rating before adjustments).

Lord Greystoke 26th July 2013 09:50 PM

UB I remember remember coming up with a few good ones for favorites over different price ranges & SRs but lost the settings in an old laptop which died in the **********. Ce la vie!

LG

Brett V.02 26th July 2013 10:52 PM

Thanks UB.

Will do some research on CP's database.

Note - To avoid a repeat of the Benton/Beton debacle, I will now be referring to everyone on the forum as champ, mate or cobber.

Thanks for your understanding.

Brett

beton 26th July 2013 11:50 PM

I don't know where the Benton came from. I had never heard of it before this forum and there has been a few instances. Just don't call me late for breakfast.
Fortunately I have a thick skin and I have realized that I have made more than one mistake (2 at last count)

Brett V.02 26th July 2013 11:55 PM

Well said COBBER...........

What a winner!!!!!! ;) If only I can have as much success on the punt tomorrow

Brett V.02 27th July 2013 12:04 AM

Now getting back to my original topic, I am left wondering as to whether combining 'over-bet' factors will produce greater success.

I know that this is not the case with many of the filters that can be used at the other end of this argument. While they can be successful individually, when combined they are no magic bullet.

So lets take these 3 'over-bet factors'

So a system that reads,

Barrier 6-24
First Up - Never won First Up
Ridden by a Claiming Apprentice

After 15 years - I give you the Holy Grail !?!?!?!?!?!?

If only it was this easy

UselessBettor 27th July 2013 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett V.02
So lets take these 3 'over-bet factors'

So a system that reads,

Barrier 6-24
First Up - Never won First Up
Ridden by a Claiming Apprentice

contrary too most peoples belief if you add "must be fav" as a rule you will likely be on a winning system at top fluc.