OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New UniTAb site (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=19733)

Gnarkley 3rd February 2010 10:31 AM

Hi Thorns,
Got an email back from Unitab.
Results will only be available from Dec. 09.
There are no plans to include anything further back than that.
Gnarkley

Twodogs 3rd February 2010 08:52 PM

Try this if you don't like the new one!!

www.tabonline.com.au/today.htm

Cheers
Twodogs

Bhagwan 4th February 2010 01:49 AM

Now that's how the site should be.
Well done Twodogs

That new site looks like it was created by someone who never bets.

With all the money it turns over.
It has managed to set itself back 10 years.

The managers who signed off on this, should give reason why they should be kept employed.
It's cumbersome.
It's terrible.

Michal 4th February 2010 02:53 PM

I like it ! I think its a great improvement visual wise.

Its thumbs up for me.

Please dont have a go at me for expressing my own opinion , I am not reflecting on anyones either.

peter m 5th February 2010 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs

Cheers
Twodogs
Thanks for that Twodogs....how did you find it?
I've played around withthe url and you can go back to 1.1.'08 for past results.Don't know how long the old version will be available though.

Does anyone know if it's possible to download all the info day by day from the past results and copy it onto disc for the pupose of going through past results as it's good for playing around with ideas to see if they have any merit.
I'm not computer savvy so haven't a clue. Thanks.

I too find the new site a lot slower and cumbersome than the old one and miss the race to race number feature at the bottom. Not too good for researching past results etc but the new features are easy enough to read.

Twodogs 5th February 2010 02:00 PM

Have used the link for years! Chanced upon it by accident when doing some research and at present is the only option to back check results.

Cheers
Twodogs

Chrome Prince 5th February 2010 03:18 PM

They supply an xml feed, but that is not historical, I would have thought if they supply an xml feed, that historical meetings would have been uploaded.

I don't think any of the tabs realise just how many people want and refer often to old tab data.
When supertab changed it's site the first time, they were amazed at the number of emails regarding the lack of historical results.

The old site will remain temporarily and then be shut down, so get in quick if you want the data :(

Sportz 5th February 2010 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs

Cheers
Twodogs

And you can use this one for tomorrow's races.......

www.tabonline.com.au/tomorrow.htm

Michal 5th February 2010 10:07 PM

Hi All ,

The old Race to race number feature some of you miss is now AT THE TOP instead, just under the Selection strip with all the Race codes for the day .

thorns 6th February 2010 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal
Hi All ,

The old Race to race number feature some of you miss is now AT THE TOP instead, just under the Selection strip with all the Race codes for the day .
It is for todays racing.
However if you are looking at previous results, it is not there, which is probably my main gripe.