OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Some Simple Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=31713)

grizzle 14th September 2018 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekray
Whatever the system, take into account the track condition, especially racing on all-weather racing surfaces & rain affected tracks

some say keep away from rain affected tracks
do your homework & they can work for you

Seekray 23rd September 2018 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle
some say keep away from rain affected tracks
do your homework & they can work for you

Absolutely
Backing & laying

PrinceJudea 7th November 2018 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekray
And don't forget the speed map, always a good starting point

Referencing reliable speed maps very important imo.
Not only to predict the running position of each horse in the field and likely pace of the race but also to establish if those drawn inside or outside will be advantaged or disadvantaged.

kiwiz 13th November 2018 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceJudea
Referencing reliable speed maps very important imo.
Not only to predict the running position of each horse in the field and likely pace of the race but also to establish if those drawn inside or outside will be advantaged or disadvantaged.

Likely race pace very useful if you fancy a backmarker

demodocus 15th November 2018 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiz
Likely race pace very useful if you fancy a backmarker

Evidence ???

Seekray 15th November 2018 07:03 PM

??
Common knowledge & from my punting experience, backmarkers rely on a fast race tempo, to do best
??

jake 3rd April 2019 04:26 PM

..early days
..fine tuning a simple little system mainly based on jockey / horse / track condition (horse) strike rates
..a few other filters including must be fancied in the market

jake 23rd April 2019 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
..a few other filters including must be fancied in the market

..reference to a reliable speed map a big plus

piratebird 24th April 2019 07:36 AM

Jake, what speed map would you say is the most reliable?. I always see a few different ratings amongst them as I search for a good one. Thanks.

piratebird 25th April 2019 10:09 AM

Can I just put this out there for anyone to answer if they can. I have a couple of methods that I use that rely on speed maps. The problem I run into is that different speed maps give conflicting results. It is not uncommon to get a runner being listed on one site as a leader and on another site be listed as on pace and in some cases be listed as a midfield runner. I really need to get the most reliable one. If that means paying for one then so be it. I just want one that can be trusted to be accurate. I'd appreciate anyone's advice on this. Thanks.

jake 25th April 2019 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratebird
The problem I run into is that different speed maps give conflicting results.

..piratebird
..speed map checking for me happens towards the end of my review process for all my "systems" so this aspect not super critical
..1. check that likely pace & placement for my selection/s is positive
..2. also reconsider non-selections..in the market..& look suitably placed
..sometimes as a result of point 2..I have a saver or two
..at the moment I'm mainly using the free one provided by racenet
..am finding it generally reliable
..there's a few other freebie sites I'm yet to look at more closely & haven't touched on payed sites
..hope this helps

piratebird 26th April 2019 08:27 AM

Thanks Jake. To explain what I meant about different maps, I have just had a look at Race 5 in Ascot tomorrow and Bel My Pago is showing up as a Mid fielder with Racenet and Sportsbet but as a Backmarker with Racing & Sports. As I never back backmarkers it looks like I will be leaving this race alone. I suppose if you just kept to the same speed map provider all the time it would even itself out. It's just a bit of a worry that's all. Thanks again for your reply, I appreciate it.

Ascot Al 26th April 2019 09:33 AM

Interesting. Just had a look at the replay of Bel My Pago's only two runs over tomorrows race distance. Settled no worse than midfield & not that far off the pace. If you also look at racenet's closing speed map you'll notice Bel My Pago clearly in front. As I said, interesting!

piratebird 26th April 2019 12:31 PM

Thanks Al, and yes I did see the closing speed on Racenet. My only qualm about closing speeds is that the horse has to be in the position to get a clear run and be able to use that burst of speed. Maybe I should just leave the R&S site alone and go with Racenet. Thanks for your reply.

Try Try Again 26th April 2019 05:05 PM

Hi Piratebird,

I also use the Recent Speed maps. One thing to note the Speed map does change with scratchings. I have seen horses that are listed as a Pace runner but listed as a Mid field runner after scratchings.

Important to check close to the race.

Try Try Again

humdinger 26th April 2019 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
..piratebird
..speed map checking for me happens towards the end of my review process for all my "systems" so this aspect not super critical
..1. check that likely pace & placement for my selection/s is positive
..2. also reconsider non-selections..in the market..& look suitably placed
..sometimes as a result of point 2..I have a saver or two
..at the moment I'm mainly using the free one provided by racenet
..am finding it generally reliable
..there's a few other freebie sites I'm yet to look at more closely & haven't touched on payed sites
..hope this helps

Not much of a speed map fan but might take another look. Thanks jake

humdinger 26th April 2019 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Try Again
Important to check close to the race.
Try Try Again

Roger that! Thanks Try Try Again

WildWildWest 1st May 2019 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger
Not much of a speed map fan but might take another look. Thanks jake

I've found the 'Giddy Up' speed maps useful. They cover all three race codes.

suds 4th May 2019 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWildWest
I've found the 'Giddy Up' speed maps useful. They cover all three race codes.

Giddy Up? free or pay?

blackdog1 7th May 2019 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suds
Giddy Up? free or pay?
https:Guide-Pricing.asp

You'd have to do reasonably well in your punting to afford it when there are free sources of same.

Sands 31st May 2019 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suds
Giddy Up? free or pay?

TABtouch, free

suds 3rd June 2019 05:57 PM

Thanks Sands

Sands 6th June 2019 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands
TABtouch, free

Their mobile app

WesternForce 18th June 2019 09:38 PM

Anybody do horse v horse (in same race) comparisons as part of their selections process? Just started evaluating this feature freely available for WA horse racing on the Customer Racing Information Service (CRIS) website. You can compare an individual horse performance against other horses in the same race. Or you can compare all horses in the race against each other. Might potentially be a simple system. Any other sites do this for other state racing?

reinz 4th July 2019 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternForce
Anybody do horse v horse (in same race) comparisons as part of their selections process? Just started evaluating this feature freely available for WA horse racing on the Customer Racing Information Service (CRIS) website. You can compare an individual horse performance against other horses in the same race. Or you can compare all horses in the race against each other. Might potentially be a simple system. Any other sites do this for other state racing?

http://au.racingstats247.com/h2h/ :)

slowseriousstab 18th July 2019 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternForce

When reviewing head-to-heads it's important you focus more on the encounters on a same or similar track condition to "todays" race

Sands 22nd July 2019 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowseriousstab
When reviewing head-to-heads it's important you focus more on the encounters on a same or similar track condition to "todays" race

And I would think more emphasis on encounters over similar distances to todays race

shaven 30th August 2019 04:12 PM

Dual Acceptors. Wouldn't punt them all but maybe filter no. 1

horsewithnoname 8th October 2019 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaven
Dual Acceptors. Wouldn't punt them all but maybe filter no. 1

Hi shaven. Is that dual acceptors for just the raceday only?

kiwiz 13th November 2019 06:13 AM

Plenty of potentials these days if you look at a six day window

shaven 23rd December 2019 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsewithnoname
Hi shaven. Is that dual acceptors for just the raceday only?

Sorry horsewithnoname, been on a nice long holiday.
If you mean that the horse is a dual acceptor just for the particular day you are looking at (& not any other race in the near future), then the answer is no.

shaven 23rd December 2019 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiz
Plenty of potentials these days if you look at a six day window

That would work for me.

horsewithnoname 24th December 2019 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaven
Sorry horsewithnoname, been on a nice long holiday.
If you mean that the horse is a dual acceptor just for the particular day you are looking at (& not any other race in the near future), then the answer is no.

No worries. Thanks.

Bhagwan 24th December 2019 08:33 AM

Hi Reinz
That 247 race site is very good.

They have a thingo there, rating the horse in "Top 3%."

Do you know what that means?

The rating pts, of the "Top 3%" seem to be very accurate.

humdinger 10th February 2020 11:48 AM

Starting point for a simple system:
Look at each runner last five starts
If they started at 10/1 or less, at two of those starts or more & are 20/1 or over today, take a closer look

pop 17th February 2020 10:52 AM

Quote:
If they started at 10/1 or less, at two of those starts or more & are 20/1 or over today, take a closer look

just noticed that Warrnambool r6n11 winner at big odds last Tuesday fitted your criteria for a closer look
interesting ;)

kiwiz 20th July 2020 06:04 AM

Quote:

Adding third-up from a spell works for me.

kiwi 12th September 2020 01:25 PM

I find systems don't work. Fluctuations kill them.
They will work fine for a few days then completely fail.

proxy 19th September 2020 06:50 AM

Quote:

Works for me.

kiwi 15th November 2020 03:16 PM

Okay not many winners pay $20+.
How many non winning horses per race do you back to find the winner " that works for you"?
This Saturday at Sandown there were no $20 winners.
Newcastle there were no $20+ winners.
Doomben no $20+ winners
Ascot might have been 2 qualifiers?

The system might have merit if you stick to female only, maidens and 1,000m races.