OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Outside the "Square" system. (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=25027)

Barny 15th September 2012 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
Racing involves a lot of luck.
It's not about luck. It's all about betting on a horse that has a decent chance and has been dismissed by 99% of punters for whatever reason. I have a method / methods that select just this type of conveyance. BTW, I discount by a fair margin, long odds winners.

If you're on the 'unloved' then you're not subject to your selection being overbet ?? ..... are you ?? ..... and arguably you're not subject to the many changing aspects of racing / patterns / cycles ??

Half a dozen / dozen bets per month suits me just fine.

rails run 15th September 2012 08:45 PM

Some are happy with a few bets a month and some prefer plenty more. Neither are wrong as there are plenty of ways to skin a cat.

Barny finds profit at the fat end of the market and Chrome found it at the skinny end. Why is it so important to brow beat ones beliefs? Without the opposite view one doesn't have a market so accept the opposite camp with gratitude. They'll take some from you and you'll take some from them.

I am using common form knowledge profitably so that's what gets my attention. My selections are mainly single digit odds. I haven't yet met anyone who makes their living from horses who doesn't use common knowledge form assessment but I'm open to the possibility that some pros could be quite alternate. It would be plain rude, insulting and egotarian to claim "my way is the only way and if you're not with me you're a sheep that enjoys eternal losses."

Try Try Again 15th September 2012 11:46 PM

Well said RR!

peter m 16th September 2012 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny

My main go however is my longshot system which is based around unexposed form ..... It throws up one or two bets per week and obviously I dont spend a grand on these but I do punt them seriously.

When you say unexposed form Barny do you mean form that's not actually shown in the usual formguides or just unobvious form or ideas?

Barny 17th September 2012 09:25 AM

I put an example on another thread, but unfortunately it seems to have been taken down. Probably as a result of a complaint by a certain individual.

peter m 17th September 2012 07:54 PM

O.k thanks Barny I shall do a search through your posts.

darkydog2002 18th September 2012 03:43 PM

Dont fret Barn,
I,ve go another one for ya.

Beaten Fav LS on Home Track (bh)

A lot of my posts disappear too .Most commonly after a massive Trifecta or win Price.

Rather odd I feel.

Barny 18th September 2012 04:11 PM

I don't know what to do with all my winnings from your systems darkydog2002. You can only count and stack for so long each evening until it becomes boring .....

darkydog2002 18th September 2012 04:17 PM

Thats what I say too Barn.
When you making $2000 - $3000 a week it becomes tiresome at my age.
I mean .What are ya gonna spend it on anyway?

Still I throw good methods out for you poor unfortunates.
(God knows one of them might eventually work)

Its the only mental stimulation I get.
Usually their trying to wheel me off to bed at 5 PM.

darkydog2002 18th September 2012 04:29 PM

Bert Bogart was the go years ago (The school of Puntology in SA)
Wonder if he,s retired?
Gees weren,t the "comets" jealous when he used to post on here.

Come to think of it I could start my own school of puntology.
We could do that together Barn.
If I croak you could carry on our legacy.(I assume your younger than I)

Cheers