OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Anyone with a Unitab data base? (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=20902)

The Ocho 30th January 2011 10:27 PM

Thanks for that Dale. I will try and take wesmip1's advice and set a betting bank for a method I'm trying and keep sticking at it.

michaelg, It was a good day for the system. I layed nos 5+ manually only using $2 liability and won a little. The only loser was one I had also backed using my other system so I halved my bet on that one and only lost half the amount...lol. :)

michaelg 31st January 2011 09:21 AM

I decided to comprehensively analyze the two sections of the system - those that are numbers 1 to 4, and those that are number 5 and higher.

Numbers 1 to 4.
There have been 12 accidents from 47 selections for a loss of $47.16.

Numbers 5 and over.
There have been 2 accidents from 53 selections for a profit of $260.62. From the five days of listing the selections here there has not yet been a losing day.

As previously stated, this might just be one of those anomalies and may right itself sooner or later.

michaelg 1st February 2011 10:45 AM

Today's selections are:

Nos 1 to 4

Canberra
6/4
7/2

Port mac
1/2

W'bool
5/3
8/2

Nos 5 and higher

Port Mac
3/6
5/9
6/5

Mackay
3/5
5/6
6/5

Canberra
5/8

W'bool
3/6
6/5

michaelg 1st February 2011 10:58 AM

Correction - Mackay R5 is a no-bet race because there is a scratching reducing the field to 9 runners. Canberra R5 is also a no-bet race for the same reason.

Merriguy 1st February 2011 12:33 PM

Thanks again, Michael --- and Good Luck today. As I calculated things the three possibles for yesterday (if there had been a Betfair available) all saluted for your system too.

Couple of questions: the late scratches? Do you tend to just dismiss them? If you don't it negates the ease of working things out early and then "forgetting" about the choices; and

have you any idea of the average return? Realise it depends on the outlay but
let's say using the $30.00 liability you have given as an example?

Regarding the last mentioned, there is a very successful laying site in England where the POT is just over 5% based on BSP. I know it is early days; but does that seem to you realistic? (Actually, according to my calcs you are doing better than that --- 6-7%???

michaelg 1st February 2011 01:49 PM

Hi, Merriguy.

Thanks for yesterday's results, I hadn't checked them.

I ignore late scratchings if they are not shown on the TAB when I identify the selections, which is generally between 11 a. m. and 12. I then lay them on S.P. and hope for the best.

I don't know what the average profit per race is, but probably most of them have a S.P. price in single figures. My nett biggest profit was $33.72 on Sat when the selection was odds-on and got beaten.

I don't see why a 5% POT would be unrealistic, particularly if the selection method is sound.

My number 5 and higher method is currently showing a 16% POT.

michaelg 1st February 2011 06:55 PM

Not a bad day today.

Nos.1 to 4.

There were 2 accidents for a loss of $40.31. Fortunately I didn't lay them, and from tomorrow I'll no longer look at them. I don't think they would show a profit if bet from the start, instead of laying because the accidents have been at small prices.

Nos.5 and higher.

Today there were 7 selections for 7 smiles for a profit of $43.15.

michaelg 2nd February 2011 11:01 AM

Today's selections are:

Eagle Farm
7/6

Sandown
3/7

Strathalbyn
1/8
4/5

Warwick Farm
6/7
7/10

When Ascot is available I'll list the selections.

michaelg 2nd February 2011 12:09 PM

Only one selection at Ascot today:

8/5

Merriguy 2nd February 2011 12:22 PM

Thanks again Michael --- though I think Warwick Farm should be Race 6 No. 5.

Was doing these last night and could not help thinking that there must be some other candidates to be found. There are only 7 (if the one from Ascot qualifies) out of about 250 starters this afternoon!

I realise that this can be a good thing, and that many sites might only give one or two selections a day; but.....

Perhaps we have to extend our boundaries a little (somehow). THe one thing I often think about is the remarks of Maria --- yes, that Maria, --- indicationg that her father and some other of his friends (apparently knowledgable punters) maintained that she was not realising her full potential as a layer because she did not go out beyond $11.00.