OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Warning watch your bets with this mob! (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=27133)

partypooper 7th September 2013 05:35 PM

Warning watch your bets with this mob!

Sportingbet Top Tote +, not a bad product but,

I copped some free bets last week so had a go at a few outsiders today placed one bet of $10EW DR Barnard 3rd $4.30c

Ok so it's free bet so you don't get the stake back (fair) so you would think that I should get $30.30 right?............. wrong I got $23.30c . Yes they deduct the losing win bet as well can you believe that? in other words if I'd placed 2 separate bets @ $10 each i.e. 10 win + 10 place I would get $30.30c return, madness!

stugots 7th September 2013 06:21 PM

They are all shonks PP, I am a bit surprised you are surprised tbh.

stugots 7th September 2013 06:26 PM

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...3-1226713574145

Mark 7th September 2013 06:39 PM

You've lost me party. Agreed they are all weak as you know what but the result you give seems to be correct.
Outlay 20 and return 43.00 = $23 profit, which you received.

stugots 7th September 2013 06:43 PM

Agree Mark but also see Partys point - it was a free bet so the cost to the punter should be zero.

Either way, I dunno why people bother with them.

partypooper 7th September 2013 07:05 PM

Mark, say I have 2 free bets $10 win and a separate bet with a separate ID no. $10 place, ok it runs 3rd and pays $4.30c , ok my win bet is gone, my place bet returns $33. (i.e. $43 less the stake .

Lord Greystoke 7th September 2013 07:27 PM

Party, in my experience the outcome of free bets will always be this...

WINNINGS - OUTLAY(free bet) = AMOUNT added to account

This is because you didn't put up the stake(they did) - regardless of whether part of the stake won or lost, you did not put up the stake so you would not expect it to be added to the account - you are only entitled to the profit returned on the bet(after the stake is deducted)

Cheers LG

partypooper 7th September 2013 07:48 PM

LG, I guess we are at "ODDS" hee hee! not really I agree party, it's just that I see an EW bet as 2 separate bets 1 win bet and 1 place bet, my win bet lost that's the end of it my place bet was successful, I should be paid $43 less the $10 stake = $33

In fact to go a step further, the stake on the win bet would have been deducted had it won, it didn't so that's the end of it, now I make $33 profit on the place bet (after the stake) then they go and deduct the losing stake on the win bet (which kinda didn't exist) from MY $33. (real money)

And in fact if I'd placed them as 2 separate bets; that's exactly what I would have got, so the moral of this post is NEVER put an EW bet using a free bet , always put a win bet and then a separate place bet.

Stugs you should at least use a free bet to back and then lay it for about half, i.e. you win either way!

Lord Greystoke 7th September 2013 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper

And in fact if I'd placed them as 2 separate bets; that's exactly what I would have got, so the moral of this post is NEVER put an EW bet using a free bet , always put a win bet and then a separate place bet.

On that we agree! Wasn't even aware you could nominate an E/Way play using a free bet.

Regards the lay bet for a half, how does that make sense? example?

LG

xanadu 7th September 2013 08:11 PM

Aah......you, "party-pooper" I've been waiting for you whom imo should be renamed our new P.M.(in waiting)....."Tony Abbot".......the most negative person in Australia's history!
I'm ecstatic that you no longer post in the most productive threads on this site: "Smart Punting" and "Omen Tips"...just look at today's results.....lol!!!

Cheers.

partypooper 7th September 2013 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadu
Aah......you, "party-pooper" I've been waiting for you whom imo should be renamed our new P.M.(in waiting)....."Tony Abbot".......the most negative person in Australia's history!
I'm ecstatic that you no longer post in the most productive threads on this site: "Smart Punting" and "Omen Tips"...just look at today's results.....lol!!!

Cheers.

Huh?

LG. We have a free $100 be I use it to back SR1-7 today I take fixed odds of $3.

I then attempt to lay it at less than $3 but can't get set so lay $50 @$3.20

If the bet wins I win $200 but I have a liability of $110 @ BF so overall I am $90 in front.

Now if the bet loses I've lost nothing as it was a free bet, BUT I collect $47.50c in my BF account (after commission) so heads I win tales they lose!!

There are better scenarios than this but I'm just showing a profit can be made anyway.

Like we say in Yorkshire "there's more than one way to skin a cat"

Lord Greystoke 7th September 2013 09:28 PM

Nice one Party. I travelled by train, bus and cab from London to Hull once. Took an eternity, froze my knackers off and only stayed about an hour. Very important trip however, life changing in fact.

Cheers LG

partypooper 7th September 2013 09:41 PM

whats her name?

darkydog2002 7th September 2013 09:43 PM

What was the life changing event.
Just curious.

Lord Greystoke 7th September 2013 09:46 PM

We are talking a session down the cricketers arms mate.. not on here!

LG

partypooper 7th September 2013 09:47 PM

Darky, hope you were on the PPM today i.e. MR1-8 MiR acle To Me $31 BOB + 4 others.

The Ocho 7th September 2013 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
Nice one Party. I travelled by train, bus and cab from London to Hull once. Took an eternity, froze my knackers off and only stayed about an hour. Very important trip however, life changing in fact.

Cheers LG

Was it anything to do with this album cover from The Rutles?

Lord Greystoke 7th September 2013 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
Was it anything to do with this album cover from The Rutles?

LOL Hardly, but I do know what the bloke on the right felt(or didn't?) A tad left out in the cold, that's what!

LG

SpeedyBen 8th September 2013 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
On that we agree! Wasn't even aware you could nominate an E/Way play using a free bet.

Regards the lay bet for a half, how does that make sense? example?

LG
$100 free bet on Peter Pan at 6.0. Potential profit = $500
Lay PP for a loss of $250 at 6.5. Outlay = $45.
You win either way.

Mark 8th September 2013 12:29 PM

And then open a dozen accounts in different names with a company with a somewhat more generous bonus offer, and there's your overseas holiday paid for....at no risk. But you all knew that.

Chrome Prince 8th September 2013 01:10 PM

Except if you live in Victoria or South Australia :(

SpeedyBen 8th September 2013 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
And then open a dozen accounts in different names with a company with a somewhat more generous bonus offer, and there's your overseas holiday paid for....at no risk. But you all knew that.
Mark
How do you get over the proof of identity problem?

The Ocho 8th September 2013 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
Except if you live in Victoria or South Australia :(

Why's that?

Lord Greystoke 8th September 2013 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
Why's that?
Some offers NOT open to residents of... ? Says so clearly on 'the tin'

LG

partypooper 8th September 2013 01:43 PM

Most of have relies in other states, nod nod!

Chrome Prince 8th September 2013 03:31 PM

I'm going to be very unpopular here, but if you take advantage of an offer via a relative or friends account in a different state, and the authorities find out about it, you could actually do jail time.
You are in breach of State law.
It's extremely easy for authorities to track this these days, of course you won't hear about it in the papers, but I know of two cases where the bookmaker dobbed in the user.
IP addresses give away a multitude.
Detectives will seize your computer and modem and you won't get them back for a very long time.
Printouts from your ISP and copies of bank / credit card statements will also be procured as evidence.

In short, it isn't worth it if you live in Vic or S.A.

partypooper 8th September 2013 03:44 PM

Gee, I didn't realise that Chrome, so I can't ask my Aunt in Queensland to place a bet for me?
I forgot that we live in a free society eh? well I'm ok anyway I'm in WA.

stugots 8th September 2013 04:17 PM

Whole things a joke - imagine my horror a few years back when on moving to Victoria I find out I could no longer legally purchase my Lotto tickets online, grrr

darkydog2002 8th September 2013 04:37 PM

Oh the indignity Stugs.

Mark 8th September 2013 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyBen
Mark
How do you get over the proof of identity problem?

All accounts opened by real people speedy.

SpeedyBen 8th September 2013 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
All accounts opened by real people speedy.
Thanks Mark. No problem with real people identifying themselves.

Chrome Prince 8th September 2013 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
Gee, I didn't realise that Chrome, so I can't ask my Aunt in Queensland to place a bet for me?
I forgot that we live in a free society eh? well I'm ok anyway I'm in WA.

Yes you can ask someone to place a bet for you, you can even use their account with their permission.
The trouble comes when you knowingly and wilfully break the law by residing in a State that prohibits gambling bonuses, and you take advantage of that bonus purporting to be someone else, living somewhere else.

That's the law breaker there, and if a bookie decides he's had enough of you and he's lost money to you, watch out!

stugots 8th September 2013 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkydog2002
Oh the indignity Stugs.

Life can be very cruel at times Drarky;)

aussielongboat 8th September 2013 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots

thanks for this.
interesting to see where it ends up.
i think it will actually be a test case.

partypooper 11th September 2013 05:11 PM

I wrote to Sportingbet and asked how much would be my winnings if I'd put 2 separate bet (i.e. $10 win and $10 place) compared to $10EW they won't answer the question!