OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Worst System Ever .... Data (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=31496)

demodocus 9th June 2017 09:00 AM

Worst System Ever .... Data

Here’s a wee request for those of you who view punting as an interesting mathematical exercise (as I do).

In the Forum “worst system ever” I showed that it is possible to make a profit (24th April 2017 - 8th June 2017, 318 bets, profit $1,097 on $11 lay bets) without using form.

The only site we can place lay bets is, of course, Betfair where you’re at the mercy of the market. That in itself isn’t a problem as long as one knows what the market differential is. $15 on the TAB translates into a BF Lay price in excess of $20 and frequently higher which imposes a degree of nastiness on one’s wallet.

Has anyone got a database of results which includes BOTH TAB Prices and the comparable Betfair SP/Lay prices?

Happy to “contribute” for a good database of at least one year data.

UselessBettor 9th June 2017 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demodocus
Here’s a wee request for those of you who view punting as an interesting mathematical exercise (as I do).

In the Forum “worst system ever” I showed that it is possible to make a profit (24th April 2017 - 8th June 2017, 318 bets, profit $1,097 on $11 lay bets) without using form.

The only site we can place lay bets is, of course, Betfair where you’re at the mercy of the market. That in itself isn’t a problem as long as one knows what the market differential is. $15 on the TAB translates into a BF Lay price in excess of $20 and frequently higher which imposes a degree of nastiness on one’s wallet.

Has anyone got a database of results which includes BOTH TAB Prices and the comparable Betfair SP/Lay prices?

Happy to “contribute” for a good database of at least one year data.

Yes. I'll give you some stats on what I have later (ie from when and how many races. Are you looking for just AUS or all countries ? Some countries I will have limited information for.

UselessBettor 9th June 2017 06:07 PM

As you are mostly interested in AUS I have 55,633 races where I have TAB prices and betfair prices. These are TAB prices at 10 seconds to jump and not final prices. You never know final prices when you are placing a bet therefore I don't bother keeping them. I only record them for selection filtering and not analysing a return as its far less than betfair numbers. I did it for a while and decide it was not worth the bandwidth.

I store Fixed Prices as well. For betfair I store exchange prices just before the jump and betfair SP. I also have prices from periods before the jump but not for all of the records.

demodocus 10th June 2017 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
As you are mostly interested in AUS I have 55,633 races where I have TAB prices and betfair prices. These are TAB prices at 10 seconds to jump and not final prices.
I store Fixed Prices as well. For betfair I store exchange prices just before the jump and betfair SP. I also have prices from periods before the jump but not for all of the records.

U/B I'd really appreciate anything like this (in .xls or .qpw or dbf format) that you can zip and send to demodocus_at_iinet.com.au.

UselessBettor 10th June 2017 09:01 AM

I don't give out my data. Its my edge. If you want a set of rules run I can do that for you and give you the results but I won't share the actual data I have collected.