OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ratings - True to Form (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=25396)

Barny 28th October 2012 02:13 PM

Ratings - True to Form

Would the Ratings followers please explain why NONE of the Top Rated horses won at MV yesterday? I very rarely look at how ratings are going, but decided to for yesterday's races. An untrained monkey could do better, and to think some people take ratings seriously Ho-Diddly-Ho !!!!!

R1 - 7
R2 - LAST
R3 - 2
R4 - 4
R5 - 2 @ $1.30
R6 - 6
R7 - 2
R8 - 2, 3 & 5 (3 were Top Rated)
R9 - 3

Barny 28th October 2012 02:17 PM

Just had a look at Rosehill.

It get's worse !!

There were 13, yes 13 horses rated @ 100. I guess the Ratings people were so excited that they thought there would be a few dead heats, the odd triple deadheat and so on.

13 Top Rated horses at Rosehill and guess how many saluted ????

N-O-N-E, Diddly Squat, Zero, ZIP, Calbashooka !!!!!!!!!!

Gimme a Break

Try Try Again 28th October 2012 02:37 PM

Hi Barny,

Yesterday was certainly not a good day for the 100 pointers with none saluting in Melb or Syd and only one greeting the judge in Bris & Adel. That's 40 bets for 2 winners ($2.60 & $3.80 at BOB) - Very ugly!

As the say in the classics "one swallow does not make a summer".

Since 7th July I have been able to "etch" out a 80% POT by having 5 selection rules.

Yesterday I only ended up with one qualifier which ran unplaced. Currently my strike rate is 29.4% over the 4 states, all of which are showing profits.

This is only one of the methods I run and October has not been kind and has shown a minor loss. A sign of more chances in races as better class horses are plentiful?

It will be interesting to see where this method takes me over the next few months.

Barny 28th October 2012 02:42 PM

None, Naught, Nought, Zilch, Nil. sweet f / a, nowt, nil, non, emptiness annihilation, aught, bagatelle, blank, cipher, crumb, diddly, duck egg, extinction, fly speck, goose egg, insignificancy, naught, nihility, nix, no thing, nobody, nonbeing, nonentity, nonexistence, not anything, nothingness, nought, nullity, obliteration, oblivion, scratch, shutout, trifle, void, wind, zero, zilch, zip, zippo, zot insignificancy, naught, nil, nobody, nonentity, nought, nullity, squat, Zilch, Nada, Nowt, Nil, Luv, Nul, Null, Nichts, Niente, Sifir, ************

Barny 28th October 2012 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Try Again
Since 7th July I have been able to "etch" out a 80% POT by having 5 selection rules.

Now that's impressive, well done ! ;)

darkydog2002 28th October 2012 02:55 PM

Depends on WHO rated them.?

UNITAB is NOT the only Rating service in Australia.

Barny 28th October 2012 03:01 PM

I would have thought that they'd all go from a similar blue print.

OK, darkydog2002, Melbourne and Sydney, how did your Rating Service go yesterday ?? Your bet of the day ran last, so I'm assuming that was Top Rated.

darkydog2002 28th October 2012 03:04 PM

Only rated the Cox Plate (On top and won).
See "Sands " thread.

darkydog2002 28th October 2012 03:11 PM

Not only that but the
Quin $34
Ex $73.90
Trifecta $262.40

Cheers.

Oh.And what bet of the day was that since I didnt post one.

Barny 28th October 2012 03:13 PM

Where's the "sands" thread darkydog2002 ? I certainly don't doubt you at all, it's just that I may learn something seeings how you are such a strong advocate for ratings. I've taken to reading other threads on here recently, and one inparticular with garyf was most insightful regarding "d" and "c" on the formguide. A hobby horse of mine for quite a while now. Going to get some fish and chips now and sit on the banks of the Mighty (cold) Murray and contemplate life itself !!! ;)