OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why not a system with few bets? (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=30549)

Tipsy 7th August 2015 03:22 PM

I wouldn't mind an answer to my premise that newspaper ratings, the top rated horse, have an abysmal record. And I believe that the
Herald Sun uses one of the better ratings services, the name which escapes me at the moment. I do have a bias against ratings but I would welcome those who believe in ratings putting up a decent argument for them, maybe including some data.

Some of the top rated horses are double figure odds ..... How can that be?

darkydog2002 7th August 2015 03:24 PM

@ $1.95 to take out $500 I will have $256 on it and the 5 @$6.50 I will have $77

Shaun 7th August 2015 03:29 PM

Not that mine are the best, but lets see.

No Selection R/Price
3 SECOND OBSESSION 2.32
2 JUPITER 4.20

I don't rate the 5 in the top 3 my next best is No1

Chrome Prince 7th August 2015 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsy
I recall Shane Dye saying if he was a punter he would only have one bet each year on the favourite in the Golden Slipper. Not sure how that would have gone, but the comment was interesting.

I recall Dye saying exactly that, but it was in reference to the Cox Plate.

darkydog2002 7th August 2015 03:42 PM

Quite a nice profit there of $167 / ROI 33.4 %

darkydog2002 7th August 2015 03:52 PM

Hi Chrome,
For me I would put $20 a week away until the Melbourne Cup then spread it between 5 Horses.

In general I have found that if a horse has not at least done 2800 then I can put a line straight through them.

Tipsy 7th August 2015 03:58 PM

darkydog, you've sort of ************ed up the potential of this thread .....

Tipsy 7th August 2015 04:20 PM

BTW darkydog, your (fantasy) bet shows a return of 50% not 33% as you calculated.

You hijacked this thread and refused to answer my question about ratings.

Funny on this very same thread you posted ..... "By the way. Isn,t it great that we are finally coming back to sharing Handicapping ideas like we used to do. The last couple of years I,ve felt we have been taken over by fantasy posts."

What's the point of anyone posting anything here when you come on and tell us all how good you are !!, twice in the same post "I'm a successful punter"..... I'll go, you stay!

darkydog2002 7th August 2015 04:29 PM

Ok with me if you want to go.
You appear to just want to create trouble anyway.
I,m well over that thanks very much.

I,m only hear to share what works for me.

garyf 7th August 2015 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsy
I wouldn't mind an answer to my premise that newspaper ratings, the top rated horse, have an abysmal record. And I believe that the
Herald Sun uses one of the better ratings services, the name which escapes me at the moment. I do have a bias against ratings but I would welcome those who believe in ratings putting up a decent argument for them, maybe including some data.

Some of the top rated horses are double figure odds ..... How can that be?

Not that mine are the best, but lets see.

No Selection R/Price
3 SECOND OBSESSION 2.32 (W-2.0)
2 JUPITER 4.20 (2ND S/P $9.0)

I don't rate the 5 in the top 3 my next best is No1

The five ran unplaced.

Guess that answers the question(s) above.

Cheers.