OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2012 New Attitude (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=23173)

Try Try Again 4th January 2012 10:43 AM

2012 New Attitude

Happy New Year and I hope everyone has a very profitable 2012!

Even though I keep pretty good records of all my current 'systems' I would say I am not as thorough when keeping the records of my own bets.

I have taken steps to change in 2012.

I now keep a record of not only the bet but who I took the bet with and how I came to make the bet. Hopefully, this will enable me to determine when certain bets (or bet types) are unprofitable and I can learn from the results.

I do not have a Betfair account as I am only interested in backing a horse to win and not to Lay bet - this is my preference. In general I bet on Saturday and Public Holiday Metropolitan meetings as this suits my lifestyle.

The Year is still very new but at least it has been profitable so far (albeit only just profitable).

Bring on the rest of the Punting Year!

darkydog2002 4th January 2012 10:47 AM

Happy New Year to you too Try.

Best wishes.
darky

Shaun 4th January 2012 10:55 AM

My new attitude is to try more sports betting, i know little about this so is a new experience.

Try Try Again 4th January 2012 11:15 AM

Hi Shaun,

I tried betting on AFL matches in 2011 with pretty good success. I didn't stray too far from the "sure things" with 20 collects out of the 24 Home and Away rounds. Three of the losses were my own team either losing or winning by too much - maybe I should not back them as sometimes the heart can rule the head!

It can be profitable but try not to become too greedy.

Good luck with your new venture in 2012.

Try Try Again

darkydog2002 4th January 2012 11:24 AM

Do you fellers get as bored as me spending all day on bookie sites.
For me this would have to be the most mind numbing job ever invented.
Cheers
darky

darkydog2002 4th January 2012 11:32 AM

Blimey.The way I,m feeling right now is that if Otaki R 6 gets up at a good price I,m off to the pub.

Shaun 4th January 2012 11:40 AM

I have 2 options, i can look in the morning and take the price that is available, or i could set up a bot with betfair to wait for my price.

At the moment i an betting on Tennis and most of the price movements are in running and i am betting pre match so at the moment i check in the morning and then again in the afternoon.

darkydog2002 4th January 2012 11:45 AM

I,m probably a bit stuck there as I,m really looking at a good Fixed Price and except for Saturdays nothing comes up until around 10 minutes prior to the race.
Probably why I add a bit of humour here and there.

michaelg 4th January 2012 11:57 AM

A Happy New Year, everyone. And good health and an exciting profitable one.

partypooper 4th January 2012 02:21 PM

Happy New One to all, and lets hope 2012 is a paRticularly good one!

PS Did you all see that one at Bunbury race 8 last wed?