OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Old system, new legs .. (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=31650)

Lord Greystoke 29th October 2017 04:12 PM

Old system, new legs ..

The moment you dust off the cobwebs on an old quick pick system, stick ten units on black because nothing else is working of late and end up with your biggest single bet win .. ever. Looks like I'm getting in the fish and chips for dinner tonight and maybe a couple of sunday night sherbets to wash it all down.

NAILED IT

UselessBettor 29th October 2017 04:29 PM

Congrats on the win.

Lord Greystoke 29th October 2017 05:16 PM

Thanks UB. Lions share will be withdrawn in a couple of clicks for lower risk investment elsewhere. if I had taken the same line a couple of decades back, I would probably have a bentley in the garage and a half decent pad with zero mortgage today.

ENOUGH SAID.

Cheers LG

UselessBettor 29th October 2017 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
Thanks UB. Lions share will be withdrawn for lower risk investment elsewhere. Rock hard lessons learned from another lifetime!

Cheers LG

Betting is the lowest risk investment I know :)

Lord Greystoke 29th October 2017 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
Betting is the lowest risk investment I know :)

A multi squillonaire once gave me the following bit of advice .. take your unexpected gains / windfalls and wash them into lower risk elsewhere. Immediately they arrive. Lower risk does not mean no risk but for me this is elsewhere. Each to their own.

LG

evajb001 30th October 2017 10:21 AM

Congrats LG, been on a bit of a hot streak myself. Managed a touch over $12k profit for the last 3 months mainly on quadrella's and multi's. The bulk of it was thanks to a sunshine coast quaddie on AFL grand final day. Luckily the bookie I use pays out on VIC TAB payouts for qld quaddies which was $67k whilst most other tote operator payouts were in the $20k vicinity.

I'm sure the run will end soon but having fun while it lasts. Bulk of the profit has gone into the offset account for my new house, like you suggested throw big unexpected winnings into a lower risk for of investment.

UselessBettor 30th October 2017 08:06 PM

I don't get why you would want to move money out of your betting bank unless you are not confident in your methods.

If you are confident in your methods then your bank will continue to grow. If it continues to grow then you can bet larger amounts up to a point. When you hit that point then 12K profits in a day are possible. But it won't be possible if you keep reducing your betting bank.

I have grown from modest amounts to betting $XX,XXX,XXX per year in turnover because I never took money out of my betting bank until it was large enough to cause me problems getting money on.

I am yet to find a more profitable place to put my money then backing my own systems.

evajb001 31st October 2017 08:30 AM

That's why I've taken the bulk of it out UB, I'm not confident in my methods I think its simply been a lucky/good run picking quaddies with no method but reasonable confidence in my selections.

If I were actually betting a system I had full confidence in long term then it definitely makes sense to keep the betting bank available as then you can bet a % of your bank and compound over the long term. What i'd actually do in my situation is have most of my betting bank offset my home loan and therefore its saving me 4.5% interest plus its readily available if needed for betting and you can compound it into here as well.

Lord Greystoke 31st October 2017 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
Congrats LG, been on a bit of a hot streak myself. Managed a touch over $12k profit for the last 3 months mainly on quadrella's and multi's. The bulk of it was thanks to a sunshine coast quaddie on AFL grand final day. Luckily the bookie I use pays out on VIC TAB payouts for qld quaddies which was $67k whilst most other tote operator payouts were in the $20k vicinity.

I'm sure the run will end soon but having fun while it lasts. Bulk of the profit has gone into the offset account for my new house, like you suggested throw big unexpected winnings into a lower risk for of investment.

Excellent work Eva. Saving interest and still available to redraw as required. I take my hat to you. I'm thrilled to bits for you on your quaddie scoop too. NAILED IT

LG