OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Sports and Gambling (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "Football for the Masses" (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=14823)

benney50 11th October 2006 07:58 PM

"Football for the Masses"

Hi :)

I am putting together an art project called Football for the masses. Once completed, I Intend to have it shown in a London gallery. I am looking for people to submit a "world 11" soccer team made up of famous historical icons. For instance my team is as follows:
1. Buddha
2. Sian-Chin
3. Mao
4. King Arthur
5. Winston Churchill
6. Da Vinci
7. John Lennon
8. Picasso
9. Stalin
10. Bodicea
11. Gandhi

When I have recieved enough team submissions, I will create a definitive "world 11" to be shown in the gallery along with each submission recieved. If you would like to take part, please email me at: myteam at head-deviant dot com or post your team here. All entries can be viewed at head-deviant.com The full concept behind the piece is below.

The Concept.
Football for the masses is a project created to challenge how we view religious, political, military, artistic and sporting iconic figures both past and present. Thus enabling a discussion on their relative merits to be considered as an icon, which position they occupy in our psyche and their relative strengths and weaknesses. The piece is designed to work on several levels: 1. Icons themselves; who you would have in the teams? 2. Which positions should they occupy? 3. How the “masses” elevated them to a position where they should be considered for selection. 4. Without the “masses” they would not exist as icons. 5. How we view ourselves (as the crowd), as without us the “game” wouldn’t exist. Therefore showing that everyone has equal importance in creating, maintaining and deciding the outcome of the event. As with all team selection, there is no definitive choice of participants, which leads to a debate on the relative merit of each player chosen.

Many thanks :)

benney50 15th October 2006 09:04 PM

"Football for the masses"

Hi :)

Surely someone has an opinion ;)!

Sportz 16th October 2006 11:35 AM

Well, my opinion is that it's a very strange idea. But good luck with it.

westi 5th November 2006 04:47 PM

1 Ghengis Khan
2 Alexander the Great
3 Lord Horatio Nelson
4 Ramses The Great
5 Nostradamus
6 Shaka Zulu
7 Spartacus
8 Buddha
9 Jesus
10 James Bond
11 Elvis