OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Racing (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Spring Fantasy Racing Comp (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=16246)

Sportz 16th July 2007 06:55 PM

Spring Fantasy Racing Comp

Okay, time to sign up for this again.

I'll be doing it a bit differently once again. Firstly, we'll all get to choose a handful of horses which will be in our own personal stable for the whole of the spring. This will be done by a sort of draft system, and these horses can't be chosen by anyone else in the comp. Then each week, we'll also get to choose a few more horses to race for us in the big feature races of the day. These horses can be chosen by anyone and everyone and they are just for that week's racing only.

So therefore, if you want to win, you really need to be able to come on here regularly to update your stable and add those new horses to race for you in the big races. For each Saturday's racing, the time for selecting your new horses will usually be from Thursday afternoon to midnight Friday. If you don't think you can visit the forum during that time each week, perhaps you'll have to give it a miss.

Anyway, who wants to have a go? Preferably, I'd like to have 15 people in the comp if possible.

Raw Instinct 16th July 2007 07:38 PM

Ok Sports you twisted my arm I'll give it a go :) Thanks for running these things again

crash 16th July 2007 07:57 PM

Stuff it . Are we owners and trainers? We are punters. How about a betting comp. sportz!

Magivor 17th July 2007 05:00 PM

good idea sportz! im in!

crash 17th July 2007 05:49 PM

OK, it's a great idea Sportz for fantasy horse trainers, but I think I'll stay a punter and I might put up a comp. during the spring along those lines.

There is room here to cater for all tastes.

Chuck 17th July 2007 05:54 PM

i find these much more fun than betting comps!!! i suppose i'll give it another shot!

Ricardo8 17th July 2007 07:35 PM

""Firstly, we'll all get to choose a handful of horses which will be in our own personal stable for the whole of the spring. This will be done by a sort of draft system, and these horses can't be chosen by anyone else in the comp.""

il get in first thanks, and reserve:
marasco,
pompeii ruler
efficient
el segundo
pop rock
haradasun
empires choice
eskimo queen
miss finland...

Usurper 17th July 2007 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
OK, it's a great idea Sportz for fantasy horse trainers, but I think I'll stay a punter and I might put up a comp. during the spring along those lines.

I'd be interested in that.

Sportz 17th July 2007 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo8
il get in first thanks, and reserve:
marasco,
pompeii ruler
efficient
el segundo
pop rock
haradasun
empires choice
eskimo queen
miss finland...

Ahhh yeah, hope you weren't being serious there. ;)

Sportz 17th July 2007 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash

Don't worry crash, I'll start up a punting comp again for the spring. Just want to start organising this one first.