Thread: Staking Plans
View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2006, 07:12 AM
Suspended.

Oaksy,

Just try settling on a sensible % of bank. Usually about 2 to 5% per bet.

Alternatively, if your like me and most other punters where bets from our bank are 'percentage of pocket' on any given betting day, just divide it all up it to the amount of bets your comfortable with.

If you can't win flat stakes, [any] staking systems will make things worse because they just magnify wins ......and loses!
Not much chop if your losing.

In the long run it's better to bet flat stakes and concentrate on your selection processes: Type of bet, type of race, number of bets, handicapping method etc. and bet the smallest amounts of money [keep the betting day banks as low as possible] that will still create a bit of interest.

If you can't work up to % profitability on $2 bets, why bet $10 to $50 ?

If I'm having a bad spell, I'll kick down to $2 bets no worries until my eye is back in. It's easy to say 'why didn't I have $50 on that winner instead of $2'!
What we forget to also say is: 'why didn't I have $2 on that loser instead of $50'! ......just add up the times you say both for a couple of weeks and when you count more of the former exclamations than the latter, increase your betting amount:-)

------------------