View Single Post
Old 17th May 2007, 10:32 PM

MerriGuy,

I think Marias dad is saying back the loonger priced ones as they are generally offered at overlay prices which means long term you should make a profit.

Looking at a few horses simplifies the process a lot. I have analysed the Ipswich meeting tommorrow below to show how I am going about it.

Please note that I have not analysed the entire field just the first few prepost favs.

Race 1 :
Not Rated as 800m is too short a race where luck can play a major part.

Race 2:
Analysed: Erembourg, Mr Blue Berry, Barok.
Rated Erembourg to win by 1 length on Barok who beats Mr Blue Berry by a nose. Horse to lay is Barok. The reason being that Mr Blue Berry only had 1 start and was hard to assess against the field. He could improve dramtically.

Race 3:
Analysed: Yunus, Pious Pearl, Trinity Heights
Rated Pious Pearl to win by a nose to Yunus beating Trinity Heights by around 2.5 lengths. Horse to lay is Trinity Heights.

Race 4:
Analysed:Main Vein,Miss Devito, Jimeon
Rated Main Vein to win by a nose. Very close race. Jimeon should be at least 1 length behind these two. Lay Jimeon.

Race 5:
Analysed : Princess Of Monaco, General Bonaparte
Princess of Monaco is rated 4 lengths clear of General Bonaparte. Lay General Bonaparte.

Race 6:
Analysed:Muzzio, Wind Gusts, Roman Ace
This will be a close race between Wind Gusts and Muzzio but I think Muzzio will lose by half a length. Roman Ace is going to be a long way back. He is rated at least 6 lengths off the other two. Lay Roman Ace.

Race 7:
Analysed: Sir Clang, Zirconium,
Another tough race but I have rated Zirconium to win by a length over Sir Clang despite the very bad barrier draw.

Race 8 :
Analysed: The Big Easy, Royal Opera
I have rated the big easy a clear 2.5 lengths clear of Royal opera at the finish line.

Race 9:
Analysed:Miss Molly Dolly,Momfasa,
Momfosa is rated at least 3 lengths clear of Miss Molly Dolly at the finish.

Good Lays (at least 2 lengths or worse) would be:
Race 3 : Trinity Heights
Race 5 : General Bonaparte
Race 6 : Roman Ace
Race 8 : Royal Opera
Race 9 : Miss Molly Dolly

Good Luck.