View Single Post
Old 8th August 2007, 11:57 PM

i think this discussion illustrates a very good point about betfair in australia.

notwithstanding 3 x population of UK (hence bigger pools).

it says to me, we as a nation, are not using betfair correctly and are way too simplistic or basic in our thinkings and approaches.
we are still media fed by gov supported tabs total **** about "you can back a horse to lose, people will be paying off jockeys" and other such banana republic ideas. this is what people (the public) think betfair is.

half informed punters, in the main, probably think "sure its a decent way to obtain better odds than the tabs/bookies/whoever they use". and that might be their involvement with it.

yet anyone inclined to do the research, put in the time, educate themselves....can see a world of opportunity opening up. greening up, laying,
automated betting, stop loss positions, volume tracking and other such things that chrome alludes to from time to time are all sound and solid everyday financial trading opportunities that a stock market player undertakes. and they are revered in doing so!!
i dont think its just UK population creating volume, i think a lot of it has to do with our simplistic view on things holding our volume back.
betfair is young...perhaps the tide will turn. perhaps there are enough out there making money who simply dont care about investigating what might be better ways. perhaps one day i will be allowed to use it again in WA.....that in itself says a lot about our faults.