Thread: DUMB PUNTERS
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2002, 08:06 PM

Placegetter - have to agree that you have to develop your own system to be serious/successful - of course you can go straight to this without buying one first.

GunPunter - agree that you would have to be gullible to pay for a system expecting it to make you rich - although many of the people who buy them probably don't understand anything about betting so don't realise their own betting affects the odds. Of course there is nothing wrong with buying books/systems in order to improve your own knowledge.

I do believe that it is possible however to develop a system that returns consistant profits in the long run - BUT you must do it yourself and for obvious reasons not share/sell it.

Quote:
Betting on more than 20 races/week will send you broke, unless you are playing trifectas or first fours and getting a few good divs.

I have to disagree with this comment - it depends on your system and how often it shows up bets with "an edge". Equine Investors system (discussed elsewhere) would probably give 50-100 bets a week and he is making a profit. My system regularly turns up between 10 and 40 bets on my betting days (not every day of week) and it also gives a good return.