View Single Post
Old 27th December 2011, 11:30 AM

Wink

Barny,

I too suffer from depression and anxiety.

One of my many fears is that when I return home at night is that when I turn on my kitchen light is that it won't work and my power will be off and I won't be able to fix it, etc.

Last week one of my friends also suffers from depression told me he prays to St. Michael and that maybe I should even though I am not a religious person. He gave me a print-out of about a dozen prayers to St. Michael.

When I got home I turned on my kitchen light, which worked, even though my heart was in my mouth as it always is just prior to switching it on.

About half an hour later I started reading (not praying) the first prayer. I immediately felt the depression quickly vanishing and that an invisible St Michael was standing next to me ready to protect me and help me in every situation.

I then went back to the kitchen and switched on the light. The globe made some sort of noise and then died. I immediately thought this could not possibly be some sort of sign but a 100% coincidence. However the more I thought about it the more I was trying to convince myself it was not a coincidence - just wishful thinking to raise my spirits.

My anxiety started to return yesterday so I began to re-read one of the prayers, and it completely again disappeared.

As I said before I am not a religious person, nor am I now. Accepting that my cure was all in my mind and am 99.9% sure of it. But as it is working in a very effective way I have no intentions of stopping reading the prayers.

As you have not mentioned trying anything religious I though I would let you know of mine and my friend's experience.

All the best.
Michael.