Thread: Systems Fear
View Single Post
Old 1st March 2012, 08:07 PM

Hey I've only now had a look at these posts and back to square one. Of course all systems have BAD losing runs.
Backing favourites at 30% (?) strike rate alone you can back Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and still possibly not get a winner.
I suggest that no matter what selection system you are following be prepared for the dreaded outs but if you have figures to show that over a long period it has a reasonable average ( not an impracticable figure) plan to survive.
I have a staking system ( not rocket science ) which increases bets after a winner only. How many plans are chasing losses - 8 losers winner at $2.50, another 6 losers. How is your increasing bets after losers going now? Also after a winner at a certain sequence I return to GO and start again. All because I know that my averages will kick back in and I have learnt to, sometimes, cut losses ( I am very wimpy, not a gambler).
It all depends on your selection process. As wiser heads have said Keep It Simple, then if it proves itself over a period stick with it through good and bad because they are very hard to find.
This wisdom after a few sherberts.
Good Luck
Midas