View Single Post
Old 24th April 2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPixie
If you think outside your punting square there's some very useful leads contained within.

Evening Pixie

Yes, in my experience you are correct on this, although it's a bit like 'fuzzy logic' to apply.

I have found that looking for 2-3 different 'signals' or indicators to support a certain selection can significantly strengthen the case to back it. A bit like a set up for a trade.

Also similar to one of the fundamental principles of auditing (if my 1980s memory serves me correct) ie collect information from different sources to evidence an event - if the data gathered collectively points to the same or a similar version of events, you are probably looking at a 'truth'.

So - not a precise science, but a mechanism to support an assumption or conclusion without needing to examine all the records or data = every occurrence of the event.

Find the right 'signals' in the right races and the winners seem to come a little easier, albeit with a lower average DIV it seems.

LG