Thread: NRL round 9
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2004, 10:46 AM

Sports,
Thought the loss of Lockyer did not help the Broncos but they did play well and could have taken the game at the end. Great game! A draw may have been a fairer result but hey I am not complaining LOL...Bulldogs have been thru a lot and they just keep grinding away and if you don't get on top and stay in front they will come back at you. I think that they will be under the odds next week...bookies will put them as title contenders with the Panthers, Roosters and Broncos...at this stage I am not totally convinced. Broncos may struggle around State of Origin time..which is a good time to make some money LOL!

How are those Eels eh? Like the Sharks (and even the Dragons-although Brown seems to have found some consistency and steel there) they are so hard to follow.

And of course, you just have to slot in those Warriors- Anderson has them playing a simple game of taking it out of their half with basic running from the ruck or dummy half, and then kick or run out wide in the oppositions half...League 101 for a team that Anderson obviously believes need to learn the basics...it worked for them...just! Thought the Storm suffered from some dodgy ref decisions...

Roosters are getting better each game and when the full lineup get onto the field they will be hard to beat...