View Single Post
Old 8th September 2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
Back in 1939 there were an exponential number of minds that grew to share a thought.
That thought was an abomination from Hades.
Because 99 out of 100 agree , it doesn't makes it right.

OK so 2 points from me then I exit this thread for good, if not just bc it was initiated with regards a completely different topic: being free stuff from Kindle which is of some value to like minded punters!

1. Just bc we share thoughts does not of itself mean we are stamping out ourselves as individuals(or being stamped out: cue Winston Smith in 1984) Nor does it mean we loose our ability to make up our own minds, form our own judgements, come up with new ideas or do what we see fit with something that is shared.

2. Without a 'meeting of the minds', we have nothing by way of meaningful innovation - remember that each 'mind' is an individual but achieves superior leverage when combined(or combining itself) with others: preferably a mix of different talents, perspective, preferences, thoughts, feelings, motives,skill levels and experience. For some of us, this may be the only way (or most powerful method) to achieve 'great things'.

Brainstorm over, i'm off for another shiraz (hic)

LG

PS I will leave the 1939 angle to you. Far too important to 'throw around' in a forum like this and not of particular relevance to finding free stuff on kindle !