Thread: Betbotpro
View Single Post
Old 30th September 2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs
All my bets are lays Ocho and it only doesn't work intermittently so it's got me stuffed. Also, what's all this garbage from BF re minimum $5 lay bets? If I back a horse to win at $5 my risk is $5. If I lay a horse at $20 with $1 my risk is $20 so what's their problem?

macs,

I agree with you about betfair but eventually most people get pinged for betting below the minimum stakes. They will give you a warning and give you 3-5 days to stop doing it. If you keep doing it they will close your account.

On top of that a loit of traders were told to stop trading Australian markets or their accounts would be closed. This was after they lost the court case on how they have to pay. The commission increase to 6.5% didn't cover the cost considering traders could turnover the same $100 a few times on each race. Due to this a lot of the largest traders now do not touch the Aus markets.

Also they don't seem to understand that a lay risk amount of $5 is the same as a $5 bet on a short odds on. To them its all about commission. And your winning of 5c for a $100 shot is not enough to cover their costs of running their servers.

It also annoys me that the UK min bet is only $2 yet the $5 minimum bet for Aus punters is equivalent to a $3.20 minimum bet after currency conversion.

Saying all that I do find that some people get away with below minimum stakes a lot and don't get caught. I am not sure why.

Enjoy betting below minimum stakes while you can.