View Single Post
Old 18th May 2013, 05:06 PM
Banned

Cool Races to Dutch Back

This thread is about finding filters that eliminate races less suited to Dutch Back than others. Can we find an edge? I would appreciate your thoughts, confirmations, stats but please, no sales pitches!
Bhagwan was a great fan and mentor of Dutching. Reading old threads I've sourced some of his edicts:
1/ Target <= 10 runner races. Fact or Fiction?

Now longshot winners (BF >$30 Back prices) are the enemy! From my 'DNA of Longshots' I found that the average field size for longshot winners was 12. There were 24% of winners in <=10 runner races. However how many, as a percentage, are there <=10 runner races per day?
Today there were 84 races and 27% were <=10 runner races. Of those some were 7 horse fields and had no $30 runners anyway. So they cancel each other out. A: Fiction?
Now this is a Saturday with bigger than normal fields so maybe there is something in this theory. Maybe you blokes with searchable databases could confirm some of these stats?

There's plenty more to come so feel free to contribute for a mutually profitable outcome perhaps.
Cheers RP