View Single Post
Old 4th July 2013, 05:34 PM

Unhappy thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
How the heck could you throw out your Herald Sun form guides??

You must be a Victorian bloke Barney. The Sydney Sun was the afternoon edition of Fairfax who still make only the Sydney Morning Herald. I kept a couple for keepsakes but cockroach poo...most had to go!

Dave, no maidens...hmmm, guess you just need a different angle to play them
Hi Rich, maidens were an absolute pain for my system, but the last few years they rarely have them in Saturday's 4 principal meeting, so the pain has lifted!

Glad to have your input and it sounds like you've got your mindset well and truly in place to conquer this mighty game of the punt!

Thanks Schmile. It is a great game and it can be beaten... but if it was easy everyone would be doing it and the bookies would be broke!

Luv your Chinese proverb. Probably the best I have ever heard. Particularly the 'knowing when to quit' part. Took me a long time to overcome this one and is one reason I like system betting. You can treat it like a business, you know the rules and if you stick by them you will win. My mates know not to bother calling on Friday afternoon or Saturdays because I am 'at work!'
Still have a muck around on Melbourne Cup day but that's the only time do it for 'fun!'

Good luck everyone