View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2013, 03:39 PM

Personal Ratings Import

Is the latest function that extends the analytical power of Axis. This function offers the ability to test, include in systems and analyse ratings that are not native to Axis. Any rating. Be it a price or a value, Axis now has the frame work to enable you to fully utilise that import in the program.

Do you create your own ratings? Do you collect Racing and Sports ratings? Unitab? Sky ratings? Early markets? Other free ratings? Do you buy something that arrives in a file or a spreadsheet? Right, most of us collect or create something; we all understand the value of unique information. Do you know what the performance figures are for that ‘something’? I’m not just talking about the top pick strike rate or something like that, that’s important, but even that changes, so are you using something that you had analysed a few years ago and are you still going by those findings, are you accepting your ratings providers word on what the strike rate is or was in 2003?

It’s sad that many punters use ratings or information without having exact information about even just the above mentioned overall performance. If they do, then they most certainly don’t know how that information behaves over different distance, track condition, race class and when it’s integrated and leveraged against others and so on and so on.

It has been my pet project; as a punter I know how important it is to be able to confidently answer the above questions. Early on I spent a full year developing a spreadsheet that created speed ratings, it was epic and at the end I couldn’t tell you what the strike rate was. I was just like most punters, I believed that it was good and I had no way of analysing it. I did at the end and it was good but the point here is; if you don’t know and you don't have the skill or time to build something that can analyse what you are using then the question is; what are you really doing with it? I learned the hard way, you don’t have to.

Being able to analyse a rating is important because it is my belief that ratings are the last bastion of profit for punters. EVERYONE has access to some kind of analysis of form, books, programs, generous answers on forums and so on which makes the point; everyone, for many years has had the ability to siphon anything worthwhile out of ‘The Form’. It has now been reduced to just being a framework on which to hang something else that has the ability to create an edge. A PERFORMANCE RATING. Makes no difference how you get to it, it is the only unique piece of info that is limited to only those that get it unlike Form which is available to everyone.

Axis has the ability to deliver 9 ratings that each target a different edge and are produced differently (I’ll deal with ratings later). Further we pass on the usual API, Win, Place rank and Handicapper rating. So that is up to 13 ratings/ranks to begin with. Now comes extra 5 for you to import from elsewhere. Remember we don’t supply the rating, we provide the framework and mechanism to import it and to use it. Think about the leverage you create by having so many different ‘opinions’ about a horse. The axis ratings are enough but these extra 5 add a whole new level. Their consensus value can be used to create a new consolidated rating based on your importance settings. This alone has almost limitless possibilities. Using systems, you can identify selections that involve more than one ratings tick of approval; what do you think the chances are of a horse that is on top of 18 different ratings? You can find out. Because all that information including your 5 ratings can be tested and analysed so you know exactly how they interact with one another, and what are the combinations that are profitable and in what situations?

Using Axis you will know in minutes. It takes about 3 min to test a year’s worth of data and the same to fully analyse it across about 120 factors. You don’t have to guess or search, the analysed results are presented to you on a platter. Axis has the ability to unlock information and combinations that are user unique that others have no possible way of having access to. That is how you can develop an edge.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/