View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2013, 11:06 AM

Thanks for showing interest and replying guys. Much appreciated.

I only have to scan down the sires in a maiden race to identify which will meet the first criteria...Grade 2+ on my rating system. I then use an age filter to further cut the list. I figure that any maiden not having won a race by age 5 is not worth following. I also check how many runs they have had. A maiden with too many races is a worry. Then I look at the dam/granddam of any qualifier to see what they have produced.

A further requirement is based upon the cross of sire over broodmare sire. Must meet certain requirements.

Just ran a test on race 3 at Woodville today and identified initially 2 horses that qualify on age and sire. A quick check of their female line disqualified them so no horses to follow from that race. Took around 4 minutes to do.

If there were any qualifiers then would take a couple of minutes more.

This is an example of using my race filters of days since last start and distance last start to qualify as a bet.

D'Chaparral chosen 8/9/12 but back from an 11 week spell so no bet, runs 8th. Goes for another spell and comes back 8 months later, no bet, runs 2nd. Starts 24 days later but up 600m, no bet, runs 2nd. Next start bet as 21 days and same distance, runs 6th. Next start no bet as up 400m, runs 2nd. Next start no bet as down 400m, runs 3rd.

Have seen a few doing this as the trainer tries to find a suitable distance and they run a place or finish down the track.

Stewards report for D'Chaparral on the race where he would have been bet and ran 6th: When spoken to regarding the disappointing performance of favourite D’CHAPARRAL rider R Hannam advised that from his 1 barrier draw he had been trapped down near the rail which was the worst part of the track and had only battled away over the concluding stages.

So one bet with a reason for failure and all other no bet races the horse placed. Will win if qualifying under the race filters IMHO
Attached Files
File Type: xls Maiden Stable System.xls (24.0 KB, 778 views)