View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2013, 02:37 PM

stugots, happy to discuss the calculations behind it, if you look at the source you can see the equations used so can work out how they have arrived at certain answers.

Essentially it generates a random number and uses that to 'simulate' the next string of bets based on the odds and probability of winning that you put in.

My understanding of this calculator is the following:

You could have data on 200 bets you've placed, you place the strike rate %, avg odds and 200 in that calculator and hit simulate drawdown.

This will then give you a random indication as to what the next 200 bets may be. If you record say 25 simulations, then that would give you an average expected profit, drawdown and longest run of outs for the next 200 bets as well as a max and min range.

Thats only my understanding of how it works based on quickly putting in some fake numbers, hitting simulate a few times and checking the source code. I've coded up a few websites and financial calculators in my time using php before so can follow the equations a little.

However if i'm incorrect would love someone to set me straight so i'm not looking at it in the wrong way.