Thread: RaceCensus
View Single Post
Old 4th October 2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyBen
Anybody serious about their punting would not be on anywhere near the 6.5% comm, Paul.
I'm pretty sure I remember reading a quote from CP where he said that if you are on full commission you are not trying hard enough.

Hi Speedy
I have to disagree. I know a number of serious punters that do not bet all that much of their turnover through Betfair. Many of these punters predominantly bet win or place only into fixed odds betting markets and prefer to use Betfair as a lying tool only.

On my calculations, using a currency rate of 1 AUD being = to 57.92 pence sterling, and assuming a 5% profit edge, the turnover required to reduce your Betfair commission rate from the current maximum of 6.5% to 5% means that you would have to be betting $69,080 each and every week without any change to your turnover. This implies a discount rate of 22% sufficient to bring you back to paying the 5% in question. To double your discount rate to 44% would require a weekly turnover of $211,000 (assuming the same 5% edge).

My point in relation to what you have raised is simply that most people would not be turning over anywhere near the required amounts to reduce their commission from 6.5% to 5% let alone more than that figure. This implies by your statement that anyone turning over less than these weekly amounts is not serious about their punting. I submit that is not correct.

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/