View Single Post
Old 29th October 2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinconpaul
I don't always agree with the stuff PaulD01 puts out, but I do agree with this quote re the AAP Pre Post,"It is nothing more than a subjective/predictive rating that has been adopted in order to provide something to the masses to facilitate TAB turnover"

For me it's purely a marketing tool and you can convert it into any percentage you like, it counts for nothing. It's a hype tool. Most punters haven't got a clue who to Back in a race. Think about it, a bunch of brickies knock off early, call into the club to have a drink and a punt, pick up a Tele, look at the prepost and go, "Yeah, this 2nd favourite looks like a bit of value" and Back it? The whole pre post scenario doesn't rate as a tool in the kit of a serious punter, IMO.

RCP As a layer you should find this a valuable tool for exactly the reasons you state here. The first five in the PP control 80%. But the top PP only wins 25.9%.

The top PP is only the tote fav 54% of the time and accounts for only 18.8% with the other 7.1% when it is in the other 4 top positions. Do the maths right and you will always lose backing and always win laying.