Thread: Beware??
View Single Post
Old 20th November 2013, 02:58 PM

RCP, it certainly doesn't come up with clients at all although I don't have my own clients anyway. We have to even be very wary of where we are seen around the place as well. For example if I go out to dinner and decide to have a $10 flutter on the pokies with mates I try to ensure i'm not in there long or that I don't really recognise anyone around the place.

It's interesting how the Financial Planning industry can be perceived sometimes, for example if I pay a Mechanic to work on my car, he fixes it and then I see him put $50 on a horse or into the pokies later that week then thats his perogative. But if someone pays a financial planner to help them with retirement planning that might save them thousands of dollars, if we are seen to put $50 on a horse people see that as us spending their money even though all they've done is pay for our service like any other service.

Dealing with peoples finances and retirement planning on a daily basis gives you a new appreciation of various attitudes and financial education thats out there, particularly across the generations and cultures.