View Single Post
Old 16th July 2004, 09:27 PM

Jacfin, Thought I would resurrect this post as I was wondering how your research on the unitab 100 raters system was panning out.
I have had the occasional look at it over the past few months and the long shots just seem to 'keep on comin'.
This month [July] has been quite good so far with some 90 bets [at $8.00 or more (SP)] producing 12 winners returning 150.53 units [using MaxiDiv] at an average dividend of $12.50! That's a profit of over 60 units [66.67% POT]! for just 2 weeks! Not too shabby at all and I was wondering if your research showed similar results for the 12 months you were looking at?
Yes, obviously there were some extended ROOs (runs of outs) with only a 13.33% strike rate but the divies are truly marvellous and if you ran a bank of say 250 units or 0.4% of the bank, then the ROOs won't hurt so much.
I have decided to keep a closer eye on these from now on and have noticed the number of bets jump dramatically if you include the selections at $6.00 or more without improving the strike rate OR the profitability.
In the same 2 week period [as above] there were a total of 182 bets [at $6.00 or more) for 23 winners (a 12.6% strike rate) returning 235.34 units for a profit of 53.34 units or 29.3% POT. Still not too bad but the $8.00 bets were more profitable with a better strike rate and you didn't have to work so hard.
Now this could just be an aberation for this month which is why I am asking you about your research.
However, putting all this in dollar terms - if you could bet $100 per selection on a $25,000 bank and used the maxidiv offering then the 2 weeks in July would have given you a profit of some $6,000 for the 2weeks so far - which is quite exciting!

Therefore I look forward to your response Jacfin.