View Single Post
Old 24th June 2002, 01:10 AM

Chief ,

No i don't sell racing systems , and yes i have made $13,000 in 1 year on place betting where the avg div was $1.30 , although i must add something that i did not to my earlier post and that is i used 4 staking plans in which i started with $200 for each plan , therefore i started with $800.
In the past year i had 163 place bets which on avg is about 3 bets per week , and 142 were placed an avg of %87.There were also 82 winners at %50.3.The longest losing run was just 2 bets.
With each bank i started with $200 and bet $50 on each selection (%25 of bank) as soon as it reached $400 i increased the bet to $80 (%20 of bank) when it reached $800 i increased the bet to $100 (%12.5 of bank).
The staking plans are simple the first one is just simple place betting on each horse one after another.The 2nd is just an all-up on every 2 selections.The 3rd is just an all-up on every 3 selections.The 4th is another doubles plan such as the 2nd plan but the 2nd leg of the 1st double also becomes the 1st leg of the 2nd double.The 2nd leg of the 2nd double becomes the ist leg of the 3rd double and so on.
So as you can see using simple staking plans and a good selection process you can successfully make quite a good profit on place betting.

P.S It seems to me Chief that you like downplaying other peoples suggestions and opinions , Equine Investors stable systems is one that springs to mind and various other posters , My question is why?????

And remember a profit a day keeps the Girlfriend/Wife away.