View Single Post
Old 8th April 2014, 10:06 AM

Not that i'm in the league of some of you folk, but it seems like an absolute joke that you can't walk into your local TAB and place a bet over $50.

I've got mates who earn good money at the mines and bet over $50 a bet regularly and generally don't make money. Not to mention even a syndicate with mates i'm involved with bets $60 a week.

If they are going to start limiting themselves that heavily then surely the government has to step in. The problem is they probably don't want to be seen as encouraging a professional punting lifestyle or irresponsible gambling of betting above $50.

On the flip-side of this, does it not open up an opportunity for betfair to become highly profitable by taking these bigger punters onboard and/or a new player coming in on the scene that can navigate the larger bets and turn a profit? Maybe not but it seems like a pretty large chunk of the market may be getting cut out and if thats the case it may open up the door for someone more savvy to make a dime.

Also is this only limited to the NSW/VIC TAB at the moment? I haven't heard of it happening to anyone with tatts yet (SA)