View Single Post
Old 10th July 2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal
Member Restricted forum section would be I think a good idea.

Got my vote

What's I been toying around with is the old manual "horse racing programs", in DOS, yeah OK, some of us got a bit naive at the time, but hey, some of these programs have merit, it requires form none the less, and calculates a rating.
The recommended; "the top numbered rating is a Place bet, but in time you will identify the winners", they said so.
I combined all these program's so called "ratings", for the MC race when Saintly won, and got the Trifecta and some other good wins.
But it took time and quality family time. Automation just crept in back then.
My PC was a 486 Win 3.1, ( I thought I had "arrived" )
I have no idea about cracking into these programs to find the "magic key to Aladdin's cave formula" they used, but I tried. Not much help from Google either, or I don't understand what to look for.

Anyway,
It requires the Sportsman, a good set of reading glasses and good typing skills.
NOT that I am going to take it on as a new career path as in what is old is new again. What I can do is show here what these programs required for the input data fields, which is purely form, and why they used this info, which is much mentioned here.
A members only would suit this idea though.