Thread: POT
View Single Post
Old 9th June 2005, 01:08 PM

G'day,KennyVictor (and others)!!! Instead of using a computer to "calculate" standard deviation etc you'd be better off working out what it is about Ascot (versus Belmont) that YOU are unable to factor in!! (Hint;Lick your finger and hold it up, at both courses,whilst trailing a tape measure along the straight).I find it difficult to believe the horses have organized some sort of conspiracy not to "perform" for you at one track but to fulfil your plans at the other. Still...if a Pentium 4 says it's so, who am I to quibble.
Your records tell you that you bet, say, $100,000 at Ascot and lose, say, $5,000 (POT=minus 5%) while at Belmont you turned over $80,000 for a profit of $20,000 (POT 25%)?? And now you won't bet at Ascot??
Hasn't everyone been vigorously telling me that POT has NOTHING to do with deciding future bet sizes, especially (Hi Shoto) "increasing" your bets? Now KV says exactly the opposite (see below) where he'll often put his heart on the line (ie bet BIGGER: hi Shoto!) at Belmont, since POT has given him enough confidence!!!. No wonder the "POT fans" are confusing me.Is it because I really HAVEN't anything between the ears (as has been rather unkindly suggested elsewhere) or because THEY (the POT crowd) can't keep their OWN story straight???