Thread: WTA
View Single Post
Old 11th June 2005, 12:35 PM

Bets 185; Won 119; Lost 66
Units Staked: 166.5 units; Won 19.27 units; ROI 11.6%

An up-and-down week as Tanasugarn lost last night. Haven't quite figured out her problem as she drifted in the market and traded as high as $2.35 from her starting price of $1.85. Didn't appear to be any injury concerns so perhaps the bookies and I just got it wrong.

Jankovic v Granville
SF

Granville's on the run of her career but I'll yet again predict her demise. She's played well over the past week-and-a-half and has proven she's comfortable on the surface. So too Jankovic who hasn't looked troubled by any of her opponents. She has a lot less experience than Granville but should be fresher given the American has played 9 games in 11 days. Jankovic has a definite edge in the mental 'gnarliness' department and has a better record in finals appearances.

Jankovic $1.61 @ WillHill 1 Unit
(early line, may be better later)

Sharapova v Golovin
SF

A battle of the beauty queens, both of whom have injury niggles. Sharapova took an injury timeout in the second set yesterday for treatment on her thigh before demolishing Daniilidou 6:1 in the third. Golovin is still battling a foot injury and was pushed all the way by Chakvetadze in yesterday's QF. This is a rematch of last year's final which Sharapova won quite comfortably. She has a lot of points at stake in this tournament and is hanging on to the world number two ranking. A loss here will further reduce her chances of catching Davenport. I rate Sharapova a red hot favourite and will take the short-ish odds.

Sharapova $1.25 @ Pinnacle 1 Unit
(early line, may be better later)