View Single Post
Old 29th April 2011, 05:57 PM

Bhagwan this is a copy post on here ..... I don't have the time to search to verify that it's legit for you so take it as it is please.

1) Horse must have between 80% and 99% place strike rate

2) Must be the only selection in the race

3) Must have had at least 5 starts

5063 selections

Win return $4,588.20
Place return $4,474.28

So it's a 9.4% loss on turnover approximately.

That's as per your rules taking out multiple runners in a race.

I quickly double checked it back to 2001 and out of 4424 races there were only 967 winners. A miserable 21.84%.

Although it's not clear, Malcolm Knowles stats seem to come from those that have had 20 starts or more. Malcolm Knowles suggests an 8% POT whereas these stats show a 9.4% LOT. That's a massive difference ..... some would say it's a 1.4% difference, some would say its.17.5% difference using 8% as the anchor and some would say it's a drop of 14.8% from the 9.4%. Malcolm Knowles stats on the Place% show no advantage over the Win% when the results of 1st AND 2nd are taken into account. Taking only 1st, then the stats are significantly in favour of the Place% over the Win% as is suggested in the book.

98% of all putts, if not hit hard enough (no matter how accurate they are !) won't drop into the cup ! I've also heard in exasperation from a golfer "Damn !!!! I didn't hit it !!!" ..... How the heck did it get there then ???

Happy to be of assistance ..........