View Single Post
Old 12th July 2002, 10:15 AM

Well put Equine Investor. I certainly never meant any of my criticism to be taken personally by Bert or anyone else - if I have offended anyone I apologise. My criticism was purely directed at Berts system and the claims that it will never lose. I think I was very fair in testing the system for a day and posting my results for everyone to see. Now whether I made a mistake or not with that one bet the fact remains that the system either did make a loss that day or could have made a loss had someone else made the same decision as me.

His system is not magic - it is dependant on the same laws of chance and probability that affect all gambling systems and it will have losing days - for Bert to claim otherwise is simply misleading. (I am not saying he is intentionally trying to deceive people - he may just not understand how to do statistical and probability analysis). It is conceivable that he has gone 9 months without a losing day but it is also very possible that he could have 2 or 3 losing days in the next month - that is the nature of random events.

As Equine Investor said there are far worse systems out there but the fact remains that statistically speaking this system WILL LOSE in the long run.