View Single Post
Old 26th February 2015, 10:03 AM

Ah I see, makes more sense given ratings are involved in the process as well. I was worried you were just laying any horses in that range haha.

I was looking over some data for one of my systems yesterday before reading this thread actually and found that the 'sweet spot' for that system seemed to be laying between odds of $5 and $35. I'd say each system is different but I'd assume that you start losing a fair bit of value beyond this type of range.

A lot of the idea's of trialed/tested or spurred me on to try new things with my ratings have came from the old threads in this forum. As you say using the advanced search and spending some time to do some reading can be very interesting. 99% of whats posted in the old threads isn't profitable on its own but its certainly thought provoking and allows you to tweak for your own needs.

I'm definitely a believer of any system needing to fit the identity of the man and same applies a lot in my job within the finance/investing industry. A lot of what I do is based on tolerance towards risk and the same applies to betting. Can you handle x run of outs, are you a number guy who can get almost every market profitable like Mark, are you a ratings guy, are you laying or are you backing etc etc. It all has to suit your personality otherwise you'll hate doing it and won't be profitable.

I'd nearly guarantee that most guys who make consistent profit have found the niche of the process that they are good at and either outsourced or automated the rest of the process.

Good luck with this approach TS i'll continue to follow and post