Thread: "X"
View Single Post
Old 28th November 2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
peter m, ask away on here and I'll answer honestly.
O.k Barny, thanks for the offer.

Does the database have enough info about Provincial and Country racing so it would be possible to formulate a system that has a higher turnover and works say 7 days a week. Or is the database only geared to Saturday racing?

Does it throw up a set of ratings or a list of top 3 or 4 rated horses per race or is it just able to test mechanical filters?

Does it work with or include TAB prices?

I have some figures I've got from various sources, don't know how accurate they are but along the lines of, for example. 90% of all winners finished 6 lengths or less from the winner last start, that kind of thing.
Was wondering if it's possible to crunch numbers so a list of these kind of statistics could be made with accuracy?

Lastly, the big one. I'm assuming that you looked into a few options and was wondering why you picked this particular database as opposed to Neale Yardley's BetSelector or TRB's GTX and how they compare to each other?

I suppose you can tell from the questions that I'm not the most experienced at this punting caper but that's why I need to ask.

Hope you can enlighten me a bit more re the database and the reasons you chose this particular one

Thanks,
Pete