View Single Post
Old 5th August 2003, 08:25 AM
Suspended.

How we actualy put our money on [staking], seems to be the least talked about and understood aspect of the "Punt". Eg: Anybody having an e/w on one horse to win/place versus a three horse Dutch bet to win, hasn't seriously thought about the importance of Staking.
In impotance it seems to fall into the "I'll get around to looking into it one day..." basket. The ratio of Posts on staking, vesus methods of picking winners in this forum uphold my point. In importance [next to knowing when not to bet a race and accurate handicapping], it probably ranks as the definer of winning or loosing long term.

The Dutch book staking method might just be the best long term, "grinding away at it" regular small[er] % profit versus large % return of the level bet[?].

Would like to hear fom anybody with actual long term practice of using this staking method, concerning the size of the dutch [no.of horses] in relation to the size of Fields. What would be the best Field size limit? At the moment I use a 3 to 5 horse and 70% outlay max. of expected win ratio that seems to work ok. and limit field size to 15 runners in a betable race.

Any [sane] ideas on staking methods considered better than the dutch [and why]would be most appreciated too.

[ This Message was edited by: crash on 2003-08-05 09:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: crash on 2003-08-08 17:00 ]