View Single Post
Old 8th July 2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I don't profess to know anything at all about this stuff (or much else for that matter ) b

Same here, what got my attention is I happened to stumble on the betting in BF and one thing led to another, the news captivated things for a while, so in a way, because there is a bet not to be missed, but even the bookies have pulled out, they must know something at least, surely.
So I researched as if it's "form study" < roll eyes >
Then the actual history, democracy at work right before our eyes, as if we been transported back in time over a week.
How on earth can a nation call a referendum within a week, get ballot boxes ready etc, and then count the votes in 8 hours.
That to was a bet, the Yes or the No, and that to was too close to call.

How or why about the politics, that's for another forum, I don't have time. But this was a global thing on money markets as an observer not player yet it affects what I pay to eat-living principle.
There are similarities with betting to prices, decisions and factors make a buy/sell scenario, the opposite way round in our betting, the price goes down when favored, in stock market it goes up on demand.
One rather large number that got my attention was, A well known nation
lost 3 trillion on their stock market, 3 TRILLION within one month...that is an awesome number in dollars to lose, just because of the recent past events.
And to add, some profit from another's loss. BF ?

And they still debating the issue, grexit bets are not yet over.
Another piece of "form study" to consider a grexit is favorable is;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Development_Bank

What this means, a new kid on the block, (BRICS), monopoly by the current world bank may have it's days numbered !