View Single Post
Old 10th February 2004, 01:01 PM
Member.

Yeah, you're correct with Heresy having too much weight for the Number 1 system, Michael. However, I think Alblyn might have been thinking about the Topweights system which looks at horses 2kgs + above the rest. Well, I only operate that system on city tracks these days and in any case, Heresy didn't actually qualify anyway.

The 'under 1200m plan' that our friend referred to is on Page 4 of the 'Favourites winning sprint races' thread. If you have a look, I had a go at creating a system for pre-post favourites in races up to 1200m. At first, I thought it looked promising, but when I delved deeper into the results, it isn't that great after all, so I don't think I'll use it. No stopping anyone else from playing around with it though. The selections today are Heresy at Port Macquarie and Spenbar Crown and Quesadilla at Mackay.

I think I might have to start another thread where I explain in a bit more detail all the rules to these systems and any refinements and changes I've made. Some people on here may be a bit new to racing and can't quite get the hang of it all.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-02-10 13:43 ]