Thread: a Staking Plan
View Single Post
Old 31st August 2008, 03:01 PM

Default Very interesting replies

Thanks guys, two very interesting and differing replies there. Party is saying along the lines of what I currently do and I take your point, stick in when it looks like your getting into hot water, but have a cut off point,....hmmm, must ponder on this cut off point.

Then Bhagwan is saying to treat each black book horse on its own and follow such for 5 to 7 starts. Would an incremental staking plan be applied here..??
If it was horse A, might be on the say third leg of such a plan and horse B might be on the 5th leg of such a plan, both in the same race, and then with varying amounts on each according to the run.

I've never contemplated looking at it from this point of view. Basically what I do following every saturday sydney and melbourne racing is go through all the sectional times, copy and paste them into a spreadsheet where I have various formulas etc etc, and analyse each race as I watch the replay on tv, and the runs I like are entered into my bb.

I then back that horse next start providing that race is within 21 days and the horse isnt going up 3kgs or more in weight. Most failures are immediately deleted and horses that have not started in the 21 days are also deleted. Once I looked back over all of my bets when I was looking at a couple of stats and not many of them won at the following start after the one that I backed it in, not that I kept accurate records, only an observation.

Most winners are usually left in and backed again at their next start as their run/win must have had merit. Some others might be left in also.

And then the process starts all over again following the saturday.

Now Bhagwan your throwing a rather different light on all this, chin in hand here now pondering away.

Thanks again,
Paul