View Single Post
Old 29th March 2004, 06:50 PM

Both winners today even though they were short. However, I have something a bit more interesting........I noticed that your figures start on March 6th so I decided to go back over the ratings for the days March 1st through to 5th (inclusive) to fill in the gaps and while I was compiling the results I noticed something very interesting.

Firstly I didn't really take much notice of the form (except where there wasn't any for most of the runners or for those with only 1 start) nor did I worry about the class of the race. All I was concerned with at this time was to get the raw data out as soon as possible and sift through it later.

Anyway, as I was compiling the data (by then I was using the sydney papers for prepost markets and nsw tab divs) a pattern began to emerge.

Now, I realise that it's only based on 5 days data but it may be worth checking back (if possible) to see if it stands up on the later data (for March 6-29).

Here are the findings:

No PrePost market restrictions.
No Form restrictions.
No #of runners restrictions.
No Class of race restrictions.
Used 4+ raters on unitab.
Wet track (slow or heavy) meetings were ignored.

4+ RATINGS:
===========
43 bets - 16wins (37.2%)
Win Returns: 49.8 units for a PROFIT of 6.8 units or 15.8% POT

43 bets - 32places (74.4%)
Place Returns: 45.84 units for a PROFIT of 2.84 units or 6.6% POT

5+ RATINGS:
===========
20 bets - 9wins (45%) !!!!!
Win Returns: 28.8 units for a PROFIT of 8.8 units or 44% POT !!!!!

20 bets - 14places (70%)
Place Returns: 20.2 units for a PROFIT of 0.2 units or 1% POT (a bit disappointing)

---------------------------------------------

OK, so now I put in ONLY the PrePost price restriction (top 3 in prepost market) and didn't worry about the others and this is what came out.

5+ RATINGS: (using prepost price restriction only)
===========
17 bets - 9wins (53%) !!!!!
Win Returns: 28.8 units for a PROFIT of 11.8 units or 69.4% POT !!!!!

17 bets - 14places (82.4%)
Place Returns: 20.2 units for a PROFIT of 3.2 units or 18.8% POT (a bit better).
---------------------------------------------
Plenty of action (over 3 per day) and a high won strike rate too. It maybe worthwhile having a look at these 5+ raters a bit longer term? What do you think, Michael?

And, when I applied ALL the filters (as per the system you've been tracking) I got 10 bets for 4 wins (9.9 units return and a small LOT) and 10 places (11.1 units return for a small POT).

[ This Message was edited by: michaelv on 2004-03-29 19:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: michaelv on 2004-03-29 19:28 ]