View Single Post
Old 9th January 2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bet
hey chrome,

How easy is the software to use, do you need to be a computer guru to use it, and will it be compatible with vista at any stage. looks good value to me.
cheers

Hi luv2bet,
The software is extremely easy to use.
There is a tutorial which walks you through step by step using the systems included to get you started.
This is a tool, a system developer to help you find profitable methods.
It doesn't pick out upcoming selections in races, you have to do that part yourself.
That's half the fun of it

Judging by the number of requests for help, it's extremely easy to pick up once you've done the tutorial.
I think the only queries I've had from clients were questions on very advanced filtering or non selection rules.

Unfortunately I won't be making this program Vista compatable, I've had a couple of clients get it working on Vista who said this:

"once program is installed, right click shortcut, click on properties, go to compatibility and down the bottom put a tick on ‘run as administrator’ and they will just be prompted each time they run the program to allow"
- thankyou Shane.

However, I can not guarantee this will give you all the functionality that the program requires and can not guarantee the software under Vista.

Vista has a whole lot of rights and operating system anomalies, which is why it is pointless making it Vista compliant.
I will certainly look at making it compatible with the next Microsoft OS release.

I will add that some guys just got an old pc with XP on it and ran it on that, if they have Vista on their main computers.
The database will operate on Pentium 2 or Pentium 3 with 256MB memory.
It is also Mac compliant and Windows 98 compliant.

These look good today (eachway)

Port Macquarie R4 H1 Ship It In (should ship it in)
Port Macquarie R7 H1 Young Bid

Cheers.
*RaceCensus now updated to 30/04/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg