View Single Post
Old 9th July 2015, 05:42 PM

I've already got my own spreadsheet that I collect data from each night when I get home from work. Save some details into a spreadsheet for the appropriate races and build up my collection of data moving forward.

I'm more thinking we can set it up so people can tweak the allocation of points to each form area themselves if they like similar to how Shaun's works. However its more how the form factors are assessed that we can contribute to and discuss as a group.

Basic example:

Say the first point we all wish to discuss is Days Last Start - Do we want to look at this in isolation of when the last start was, or do we want to look at it as a collective for fitness based on when the last 2, 3 or 5 starts were? Do we want to allocate more points towards a horse that started 14 days ago because typically they win more often (strike rate) or do we want to allocate more points to a different range because 14 days is overbet?

There's a lot of discussion to be had around each form factor that possibly as a consensus we can bring together everyone's good points, put it into practice and it formulates part of a rating and move onto the next form factor.

Once we've formulated as many form factors etc as we deem necessary people can then use the spreadsheet to back, lay, record data or do whatever else they like with it. They could find niche's using the ratings on group races only. They could find a niche using just 1 form factor in metro races only. They could find a different combination of scoring the form factors that makes it more profitable based on forward testing it etc.

So many possibilities with the final 'ratings' product, but many good minds here that could help contribute to discussion on each form factor.