View Single Post
Old 9th July 2015, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
All this talk of no interesting strategic threads or no threads in relation to backing winners has prompted me to put forward this idea and see who is legitimate about helping each other to find profitable strategy(s) or who is just throwing hot air about.

I propose that we put together a communal ratings spreadsheet much like the one Shaun has provided with the following ideas:

1) We can use this thread to go through each form angle bit by bit, have a discussion on the best way to score and/or include that form element into the ratings and then move onto the next form element.

2) I can code a modified version of the spreadsheet I use to take into account the approach we arrive at as a group. Note my spreadsheet brings in form from SkyForm, Betfair Form (R&S) and Tatts Race page. Can basically come up with equations, ideas, theories as a group and I can try to put this into a logical equation in the spreadsheet to build a rating.

3) I'll only email the final version and/or versions along the way to those who actively contribute to the discussion. That way no pesky guests can just get along for the ride without contributing.

Thats the basic idea at the moment. Like I said in a thread in the general area I almost guarantee a very small portion of those who are actually seeking decent discussion get onboard with this idea. Or if you think this has no merit or have a better idea either post it in here or start another thread.

Would be interesting to see what we come up with, who knows it could be crap. But it could also help people think different about their own ratings or about how to approach certain form elements.

I threw one up re an ADEL/METRO method I bet on a few days ago.

Provided data, time frames, filters, the selection, the race criteria, filters to build strike/rates and,
Did not get "ONE" single response.

May have been different it was a ADELAIDE METRO LAY PLAN (L.O.L).

The only people who benefit from this are the Guests & non contributors.

I also asked if an area could be set aside for exactly what you propose.

Restricted access to members with a certain no's of posts,
Or those who wish to join but must contribute .

Again no answer.

Good Luck EVAJ an admirable approach but like I found out
Think we are flogging a dead horse, you can't make people join,
Or contribute it is their right & the owners of the forum to set terms.

What you can have is the idea I threw up,
To those who do want to help.

Much of the important stuff I do just goes to members here I converse,
With via email.

But as I met them here I try to give something back,
To the forum.

People who want to post to everyone can continue, those who want to give out ideas but not for the masses can ask the thread be restricted.

OR IN THIS DAY & AGE IS THIS CALLED DISCRIMINATION (L.O.L)

Cheers.