View Single Post
Old 9th July 2015, 06:19 PM
Banned

Further to Josh. Anyone can say weight the ranking more for this and less for that. That's all it is, an opinion! Without the data to back it up, how can you know? That's where RACE CENSUS and RTW have it all down pat. If don't want to pay for the historical data, then it leaves you no choice but to collect the data yourself. I favour this method as most people will probably use a bot to place their bets. A betting bot needs to trigger at a specified time, so any data you collect must be at the same specified time.

I was looking today at building a VBA dashboard to just punch in a set of ranks like say 1, 4, 3, 6, 1 (each being a weight for a particular rank, price, factor) and it spits out profitability or otherwise for the duration of your database. I think something like that would be a useful tool to assist forumites. I know I've saved many hours using Shaun's scraper.

So maybe developing tools to aid forumites find profitable outcomes, rather than spelling out what keys to the kingdom win?